Sunday, October 12, 2008

Web 2.0 find

Biblio.com I could have used this week. A patron came to me wanting an obscure book published forty+ years ago. She did not have a title, nor author. She told me some details from the story, and luckily I was able eventually find the book since one of the libraries in our district still had a copy listed in their on-line catalog. I did test drive Biblio.com by looking for a book I treasured as a child, giving neither title nor author. Biblio.com did find a few copies of the book. However, if the book hadn't been listed for sale on this site, I may have needed to look for it on Amazon.com new and used. Not all listings in Biblio.com have full descriptions of the subject matter of the book, so it may be difficult determining if a given book is the one you are seeking. Having another source for out-of-print books is useful....if at first you don't succeed.....

No comments: